(Above: ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
It helps to have thick skin these days. Bulletproof skin is even better.
Marvel’s Luke Cage, a superhero series featuring an ex-convict with bulletproof skin and superhuman strength, debuts a second 13-episode season on Netflix this Friday, June 22.
The season opens with Cage (Mike Colter), having cleared his name, becoming a celebrity on the streets of Harlem. His newfound notoriety, however, puts more pressure on him to “protect the community and find the limits of who he can and can’t save.” When a “formidable new foe” appears, he must walk the “fine line that separates a hero from a villain.”
The cast includes Simone Missick, Alfre Woodard, Theo Rossi, Mustafa Shakir, Gabrielle Dennis and Rosario Dawson.
The 13-episode first season is available now on Netflix.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021