(Above: Liza Koshy in ‘Liza on Demand.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Liza on Demand, an eight-episode comedy series about a young Los Angeles woman who embraces the gig economy, debuts Wednesday, June 27, on Liza Koshy’s Youtube channel.
Liza (Koshy), lacking a career path, takes on a range of “odd jobs in her quest to climb the ranks and become an ‘elite tasker’.” Assignments range from the mundane (delivering groceries) to the strange (professional mourner). Her friends and roommates Oliver (Travis Coles) and Harlow (Kimiko Glenn) try to help her make sense of the life she’s chosen.
To watch the series, you must subscribe to YouTube Premium, which costs $11.99 monthly. You can, however, try the service with a free three-month trial. Subscribers to the old YouTube Red service are grandfathered into YouTube Premium at the old rate.
Koshy, a comedic actress who first became a social media sensation on the now defunct Vine platform, now has more than 15 million YouTube subscribers.
- BET+ Streamer Launches - September 20, 2019
- More ‘Disenchantment’ - September 19, 2019
- ‘Couch Tomatoes’ - September 19, 2019
- NBC’s Peacock Preview - September 18, 2019
- Spy’s Work-Life Balance - September 17, 2019
- Dropout’s ‘Game Changer’ - September 17, 2019
- ‘Two Ferns’ Movie - September 16, 2019
- Burns’ ‘Country Music’ - September 13, 2019
- This Weekend on Netflix - September 12, 2019
- Coming to Apple TV+ - September 11, 2019