(Above: Billy Bob Thornton as Billy McBride in ‘Goliath’)
Goliath, the legal drama starring Billy Bob Thornton as hard-drinking attorney Billy McBride, debuts an eight-episode second season this Friday, June 15, on Amazon Prime.
Thornton won a Golden Globe for his season one portrayal of the once high-powered attorney who, having hit hard times, reluctantly takes on a new case that pits him against a nefarious corporation and his former law firm.
In season two, McBride defends a friend’s 16-year-old son who is charged with a double homicide. As McBride and his team investigate, “they begin to untangle a deadly conspiracy in the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles, where drugs, real estate and politics intermingle.”
The cast includes Nina Arianda as McBride’s assistant, Patty; Mark Duplass as Tom Wyatt, a Los Angeles real estate developer; Morris Chestnut as Chief Deputy District Attorney Hakeem Rashad: and Ana De La Reguera as Marisol Silva, a City Council member running to be the first Latina mayor of Los Angeles.
Tania Raymonde returns as Brittany Gold and Dianna Hopper as Denise McBride.
David E. Kelley, executive producer of The Practice and Boston Legal, and Jonathan Shapiro, executive producer of Justice and Just Legal, co-created the series.
Amazon Prime subscribers can watch Goliath’s eight-episode first season now at Amazon.
- Skateboarders and Quotas - August 15, 2018
- A ‘SuperMansion’ Vacation - August 14, 2018
- Trumpeter Botti on PBS - August 14, 2018
- Vengeful ‘Upgrade’ - August 13, 2018
- ‘Pool Party Massacre’ - August 10, 2018
- Roddenberry Nirvana - August 9, 2018
- ‘Channel Zero’ on Shudder - August 8, 2018
- Spies and Cops on Acorn - August 3, 2018
- ‘Blood Clots’ Anthology - August 2, 2018
- Play with Your Food - August 2, 2018