(Above: Billy Bob Thornton as Billy McBride in ‘Goliath’)
Goliath, the legal drama starring Billy Bob Thornton as hard-drinking attorney Billy McBride, debuts an eight-episode second season this Friday, June 15, on Amazon Prime.
Thornton won a Golden Globe for his season one portrayal of the once high-powered attorney who, having hit hard times, reluctantly takes on a new case that pits him against a nefarious corporation and his former law firm.
In season two, McBride defends a friend’s 16-year-old son who is charged with a double homicide. As McBride and his team investigate, “they begin to untangle a deadly conspiracy in the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles, where drugs, real estate and politics intermingle.”
The cast includes Nina Arianda as McBride’s assistant, Patty; Mark Duplass as Tom Wyatt, a Los Angeles real estate developer; Morris Chestnut as Chief Deputy District Attorney Hakeem Rashad: and Ana De La Reguera as Marisol Silva, a City Council member running to be the first Latina mayor of Los Angeles.
Tania Raymonde returns as Brittany Gold and Dianna Hopper as Denise McBride.
David E. Kelley, executive producer of The Practice and Boston Legal, and Jonathan Shapiro, executive producer of Justice and Just Legal, co-created the series.
Amazon Prime subscribers can watch Goliath’s eight-episode first season now at Amazon.
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021