(Above: Pasta ‘ncasciata)
Detective Montalbano returns tomorrow.
With just two feature-length episodes of Italy’s long-running Detective Montalbano being produced annually for the past few seasons, US fans of the Sicilian inspector eagerly await their arrival on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
That event begins Tuesday, June 12, with the premiere of the 31st episode, “The Merry-Go-Round,” in which Montalbano (Luca Zingaretti) investigates a suspicious fire in an antique shop, a vanishing playboy and a series of bizarre kidnappings. Then, next Tuesday, June 19, the detective investigates the disappearance of a young woman in “Amore.” Both episodes debuted on Italy’s RAI in February.
To mark Montalbano’s return, MHz enlisted “Cheeky Chef” Linda Sarris to cook up recipes for three Sicilian dishes enjoyed by the fictional detective during the show’s run. Available free on MHz’s blog, the recipes cover cannoli, arancini (rice croquettes), and – as eaten by Montalbano in the scene below from tomorrow’s episode — pasta ‘ncasciata, a baked pasta dish.
Detective Montalbano has been running since 1999 on RAI. MHz subscribers can stream all previous episodes now at mhzchoice.vhx.tv/detective-montalbano.
MHz Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and Fire TV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from Europe and around the world.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING18.
To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020