(Above: Pasta ‘ncasciata)
Detective Montalbano returns tomorrow.
With just two feature-length episodes of Italy’s long-running Detective Montalbano being produced annually for the past few seasons, US fans of the Sicilian inspector eagerly await their arrival on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
That event begins Tuesday, June 12, with the premiere of the 31st episode, “The Merry-Go-Round,” in which Montalbano (Luca Zingaretti) investigates a suspicious fire in an antique shop, a vanishing playboy and a series of bizarre kidnappings. Then, next Tuesday, June 19, the detective investigates the disappearance of a young woman in “Amore.” Both episodes debuted on Italy’s RAI in February.
To mark Montalbano’s return, MHz enlisted “Cheeky Chef” Linda Sarris to cook up recipes for three Sicilian dishes enjoyed by the fictional detective during the show’s run. Available free on MHz’s blog, the recipes cover cannoli, arancini (rice croquettes), and – as eaten by Montalbano in the scene below from tomorrow’s episode — pasta ‘ncasciata, a baked pasta dish.
Detective Montalbano has been running since 1999 on RAI. MHz subscribers can stream all previous episodes now at mhzchoice.vhx.tv/detective-montalbano.
MHz Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and Fire TV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from Europe and around the world.
MHZ Choice costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. But you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING18.
To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021