(Above: Cennarium’s ‘Romeo & Juliet’)
Cennarium, the performing arts subscription streamer, has begun releasing individual titles for rental or purchase through Amazon.
The first 17 selections — spanning musicals, drama, opera, dance, magic and comedy — include five shows from Brazil; three from the US; two each from Germany, Italy and Spain; and one each from France, Portugal and Russia. Subtitles are included when necessary.
If you prefer new versions of classic titles, you’ll find a German Dangerous Liaisons (musical); comedies Cyrano de Bergerac in French, The School for Scandal in Portuguese, and a sequel to Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull in Russian. There are also Brazilian adaptations of Blithe Spirit (Noel Coward’s comedy) and Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare’s drama).
The American selections are Martha Graham Dance Company; Smoke and Mirrors, a comedy-drama with magic; and A Happy End, a serious drama about a German Jewish couple facing major decisions after the Nazis take power.
The other shows now available are two Brazilian dramas, Popcorn and The Day Sam Died; two dance productions, The Whipped Cream from Germany and Fuensanta La Moneta from Spain; a comedy from Italy, The Liar; and dramas from Italy (A Year Later), Brazil (Battlefield) and Spain (Punishment Without Revenge).
Prices for rentals are $1.99 HD or 99 cents SD. Purchase prices are $4.99 HD or $2.99 SD. You can access all the titles at Amazon.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021