YouTube Red/Premium takes a jump with new sci-fi series.
Ready for some impulse binge-viewing?
Impulse, a 10-part sci-fi series about a rebellious small-town teleporting teen (Maddie Hasson, above), has debuted on subscription streamer YouTube Red (soon to become YouTube Premium). But anyone can watch the first three hour-long episodes entirely free through the first week of July via Impulse’s YouTube page.
Or start by viewing the first episode right here:
Impulse is based on the third novel in Steven Gould’s “Jumper” series. The first one, Jumper, was made into a 2008 feature film starring Hayden Christensen as another teleporting teen. To stream it, you’ll need to spend $2.99 at YouTube or other locations.
In addition to their source material, Jumper and Impulse’s first episode have at least one other thing in common: Both were directed by Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Edge of Tomorrow), who’s also exec producing the new series.
If you want to see all of Impulse, you can get a one-month free trial to YouTube Red/Premium, after which you’ll pay $9.99 a month. To subscribe, or for more info, visit youtube.com/Red.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021