(Above: YouTube screenshot)
How to Talk to Girls at Parties, a sci-fi, coming-of-age, romantic comedy, is now available from Amazon and other providers.
John Cameron Mitchell directed and, with Philippa Goslet, co-wrote the screen version of the Neil Gaiman short story.
The film presents Enn (Alex Sharp), a shy suburban teenager who, with his mates, take frequent excursions into the late-night punk scene. One evening, Enn and his friends encounter a party of “sexy teenagers” who, it turns out, are really out of this world. Enn then falls for one of the strangers, Zan (Elle Fanning), “a beautiful and rebellious alien teenage who, despite her allegiance to her strange colony,” takes to Enn.
“Together they embark on a delirious adventure through the kinetic punk rock world of 1970s London,” leading to a “showdown” between punks and aliens.
The cast includes Nicole Kidman, Ruth Wilson and Matt Lucas.
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021