(Above: Pam Grier)
Get ready for “Brown Sugar Week on Bounce”!
Hosted by Pam Grier and featuring such 1970s’ blaxploitation flicks as Super Fly and Grier’s own Bucktown, the program block will air for free next Monday through Friday at 9 pm ET on over-the-air channel Bounce TV.
The films, which normally run on Bounce’s sister subscription streaming service Brown Sugar, also include The Mack, Black Belt Jones and Three the Hard Way. In addition to Grier, the titles star such iconic talent as Fred Williamson, Richard Pryor, Jim Kelly, and Jim Brown.
Super Fly, directed by Gordon Parks, Jr. and starring Ron O’Neal as a New York City drug kingpin, will air next Thursday — a day before its remake, SuperFly, from Director X and starring Trevor Jackson, opens nationwide in theaters.
Here are trailers for both versions:
Curtis Mayfield wrote the original film’s legendary score. The new film’s soundtrack is by a variety of artists.
You can watch Bounce TV free with an antenna hooked up to your TV set. For your local channel number, visit Bounce’s “Find Us” page. For next week’s “Brown Sugar on Bounce” schedule, visit bouncetv.com/schedule.
Brown Sugar offers a free seven-day trial, after which you’ll be billed $3.99 a month. You can stream the service at BrownSugar.com and via Amazon Prime, Kindle, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android and iOS devices.
- NYC Club Starts Streamer - September 30, 2020
- VideoElephant TV Launches - September 30, 2020
- Burlesque Fest Oct. 1-4 - September 29, 2020
- Herb Alpert Doc Free 10/1 - September 29, 2020
- ‘God’s Wrecking Ball’ - September 28, 2020
- Grandfather of the Bride? - September 25, 2020
- Anarchist Dispatches - September 25, 2020
- Amazon’s Utopian Vision - September 24, 2020
- Women’s Cancer Benefit - September 24, 2020
- Thursday’s for the Dogs - September 22, 2020