Street Hawk, a 1985 ABC series about an ex-cop (Rex Smith, above) secretly fighting crime via a technologically advanced motorcycle, revs up this Saturday, June 2, with a free “The Man… The Machine… The Marathon” on Shout Factory TV’s Twitch channel.
Here’s the series opening, with music by Tangerine Dream:
Shout Factory will show all 13 episodes of Street Hawk starting 9 pm ET Saturday with episode one, guest-starring Christopher Lloyd. Other highlights include episode two with a pre-ER George Clooney (10:30 pm), episode eight with Bianca Jagger (5 am Sunday morning), and a never-aired pilot (11:36 am). Joe Regalbuto, later to play Frank Fontana on Murphy Brown and its upcoming revival, co-stars with Rex Smith.
Can’t wait till Saturday. or miss the marathon? You can also stream all 13 episodes, but not the unaired pilot, on demand at shoutfactorytv.com/series/street-hawk.
Why was Street Hawk so short-lived? Perhaps because it was so obviously designed to cash in on fairly similar NBC and CBS hits.
NBC’s Knight Rider (1982-1986, 90 episodes) was about an ex-cop (David Hasselhoff) secretly fighting crime via a technologically advanced car. CBS’s Airwolf (1984-1986, 80 episodes) involved crime-fighting via a technologically advanced helicopter. If Fox had been around at the time, we’re sure someone would have been fighting crime on a technologically advanced boat!
You can buy individual episodes of Knight Rider for $1.99, or full seasons for $19.99, from Amazon, Vudu and other providers. Airwolf is available to Hulu subscribers or free to anyone, with ads, at Yahoo View.
For more info on the Street Hawk marathon, visit Shout Factory TV,
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020
- Alison Brie: ‘Horse Girl’ - February 7, 2020