Philo, which launched last fall as a lower-cost streaming alternative to such services as YouTube TV and Hulu Live, today added food and travel channel Tastemade to its $16/month package, and said that Cheddar Big News and PeopleTV will arrive soon.
Cheddar Big News , which launched last month via YouTube TV, provides “headlines and top stories.” PeopleTV, which also streams for free on various platforms, provides entertainment and human interest content from People and Entertainment Weekly.
Philo’s basic package will now contain 40 channels. In addition to Tastemade, Cheddar Big News and PeopleTV, they include A&E, AMC, BBC America, BBC World News, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, OWN and Sundance.
A $20-per-month plan throws in nine more channels such as American Heroes, Logo, MTV Live and Nicktoons.
You can peruse Philo’s entire channel lineups at try.philo.com/#lineups.
As with most services, there’s a free trial – seven days. Unlike most services, Philo doesn’t ask for your credit card information upfront, just a phone number
Philo also provides pause and program restart functionality, and 30-day unlimited DVR and on-demand content. You can watch on three different devices simultaneously, and catch up on programs that have aired during the previous three days.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021