Watch Clint Walker’s Cheyenne on Heroes & Icons.
Clint Walker (above), who died yesterday at 90, was best known as the star of the pioneering ABC western Cheyenne: not only TV’s first successful hour-long dramatic series but also Warner Bros.’ television breakthrough.
Cheyenne ran from 1955 to 1963, and you can see what all the fuss was about by tuning into the final and first episodes at 6 am ET/PT the next two mornings on Heroes & Icons (H&I), available free via an antenna hooked up to your TV set. Episode 108, “Showdown at Oxbend,” airs on Thursday, and episode one, “Mountain Fortress” on Friday.
If you want to see Cheyenne’s other 106 episodes, beginning with episode two, the series moves to 5 am Tuesdays through Saturdays as part of a new H&I schedule that kicks off this Monday, May 28.
One highlight of the new schedule is a mini-marathon of dramatic classics each weekday from noon to 8 pm: Nash Bridges on Mondays; Early Edition on Tuesdays; JAG on Wednesdays; NYPD Blue on Thursdays; and Hill Street Blues on Fridays.
Such shows as Relic Hunter and BeastMaster will also join the H&I lineup. For the complete schedule, visit heroesandiconstv.com/schedule, and to find the H&I station in your area, visit heroesandiconstv.com/wheretowatch.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021