Kids captivated by the classic Clifford the Big Red Dog, whose 65 half-hour episodes now stream on Netflix, can look forward to 39 new episodes coming to Amazon Prime and PBS Kids in fall 2019.
The original cartoons ran on PBS over two seasons from 2000 to 2003, with John Ritter voicing Clifford. Here’s a sample episode:
Clifford the Big Red Dog, from Scholastic Entertainment, is based on Scholastic’s book series, written and illustrated by Norman Bridwell, which began in 1963. It’s about a big…actually giant…dog and his best friend Emily Elizabeth.
How will the new series differ from the original? Scholastic promises new locations, new designs for Clifford and Emily, new songs, new friends and “a strong emphasis on social-emotional skills such as empathy.”
Clifford fans can also find two seasons (39 half-hours) of the original show’s 2003-2006 PBS prequel, Clifford’s Puppy Days, on Netflix.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021