(Above: Robert Downey Jr. in ‘Iron Man’)
Robert Downey Jr. and wife Susan Downey, through their production company Team Downey, will produce a series about artificial intelligence for subscription streamer YouTube Red.
The yet-to-be-titled show is scheduled to debut in 2019.
The series, consisting of eight hour-long episodes, will feature “some of the brightest minds” in science, philosophy, technology, engineering, medicine, futurism, entertainment and the arts, exploring how artificial intelligence is transforming – and will transform – “the way we live and work.”
Robert Downey Jr. will host and narrate.
“Robert and I share a curiosity for A.I., a complicated and often polarizing subject. Our aim is to explore A.I. through a lens of objectivity and accessibility, in a thoroughly bold, splashy, and entertaining way,” said Susan Downey.
Team Downey is currently filming The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, written and directed by Stephen Gaghan. It stars Robert Downey Jr. as the title character, with the voices of Marion Cotillard, Ralph Fiennes, John Cena, Octavia Spencer, Kumail Nanjiani, Emma Thompson and Spiderman’s Tom Holland, among others. The company also plans a third Sherlock Holmes movie.
- Netflix’s ‘Murderer’ 2 - October 17, 2018
- Our Choice for New Count - October 16, 2018
- More ‘Loudermilk’ - October 16, 2018
- American Eugenics - October 15, 2018
- Free Horror Films Online - October 12, 2018
- Maggie’s Obsession - October 11, 2018
- ‘Street Art Challenge’ - October 11, 2018
- Russian Royals Live On - October 10, 2018
- ‘Shakespeare Uncovered’ - October 9, 2018
- ‘Malevolent’ Orphanage - October 5, 2018