(Above: Martin Freeman in ‘Cargo’)
Cargo, a zombie-apocalypse genre film starring Martin Freeman, debuts this Friday, May 18, on Netflix.
A la such films as 28 Days Later…, Cargo’s premise starts with the aftermath of a violent pandemic, this time in rural Australia. Freeman is Andy, who with his wife Kay, played by Susie Porter, take refuge on a houseboat.
Ultimately, the river is no haven. The couple is attacked, Kay is killed, and Andy is infected.
Andy, left with the couple’s one-year-old daughter, has 48 hours to find a new guardian for her before he’s ‘zombified.’ An aboriginal tribe are Rosie’s best chance of survival. The tribe has a “merciless attitude” toward the afflicted, however, posing a “grave threat.”
The cast includes Natasha Wanganeen as Josie and David Gulpilil as Daku.
Yolanda Ramke wrote the script and co-directed with Ben Howling.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- ‘Discovery’ Returns - January 16, 2019
- Glutton for ‘Punisher’ - January 14, 2019
- ‘Witches’ & Streamers - January 11, 2019
- Sex Ed Dramedy - January 10, 2019
- 100 Milestone Films - January 9, 2019
- Animation for Adults - January 8, 2019
- Back to the Future Man - January 8, 2019
- Sophomore ‘Friends’ - January 7, 2019
- Insurance Laughs - January 3, 2019
- Tippling TV Series - January 3, 2019