(Above: Martin Freeman in ‘Cargo’)
Cargo, a zombie-apocalypse genre film starring Martin Freeman, debuts this Friday, May 18, on Netflix.
A la such films as 28 Days Later…, Cargo’s premise starts with the aftermath of a violent pandemic, this time in rural Australia. Freeman is Andy, who with his wife Kay, played by Susie Porter, take refuge on a houseboat.
Ultimately, the river is no haven. The couple is attacked, Kay is killed, and Andy is infected.
Andy, left with the couple’s one-year-old daughter, has 48 hours to find a new guardian for her before he’s ‘zombified.’ An aboriginal tribe are Rosie’s best chance of survival. The tribe has a “merciless attitude” toward the afflicted, however, posing a “grave threat.”
The cast includes Natasha Wanganeen as Josie and David Gulpilil as Daku.
Yolanda Ramke wrote the script and co-directed with Ben Howling.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021