(Above: Martin Freeman in ‘Cargo’)
Cargo, a zombie-apocalypse genre film starring Martin Freeman, debuts this Friday, May 18, on Netflix.
A la such films as 28 Days Later…, Cargo’s premise starts with the aftermath of a violent pandemic, this time in rural Australia. Freeman is Andy, who with his wife Kay, played by Susie Porter, take refuge on a houseboat.
Ultimately, the river is no haven. The couple is attacked, Kay is killed, and Andy is infected.
Andy, left with the couple’s one-year-old daughter, has 48 hours to find a new guardian for her before he’s ‘zombified.’ An aboriginal tribe are Rosie’s best chance of survival. The tribe has a “merciless attitude” toward the afflicted, however, posing a “grave threat.”
The cast includes Natasha Wanganeen as Josie and David Gulpilil as Daku.
Yolanda Ramke wrote the script and co-directed with Ben Howling.
For more information, visit Netflix.
- ‘Mystery Road'(s) - August 16, 2018
- ‘Magic for Humans’ - August 16, 2018
- Skateboarders and Quotas - August 15, 2018
- A ‘SuperMansion’ Vacation - August 14, 2018
- Trumpeter Botti on PBS - August 14, 2018
- Vengeful ‘Upgrade’ - August 13, 2018
- ‘Pool Party Massacre’ - August 10, 2018
- Roddenberry Nirvana - August 9, 2018
- ‘Channel Zero’ on Shudder - August 8, 2018
- Spies and Cops on Acorn - August 3, 2018