Warner Brothers Television has announced another original series for its yet-to-launch DC Universe subscription streaming service.
Doom Patrol, a live-action series, is described as “a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast superheroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief).”
According to the show’s synopsis, the Doom Patrol’s members each suffer horrible accidents that give them superhuman abilities – but also leave them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team finds purpose through The Chief, who brings them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence – and to protect Earth from what they find.
Jeremy Carver will both write and executive produce the series. Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns and Sarah Schechter will also serve as executive producers.
The show is scheduled to debut its 13-episode first season in 2019.
According to Digital Spy, DC Universe will likely launch sometime this fall. Although pricing hasn’t been set, the streamer will offer such original live-action and animated series as Titans, Swamp Thing, Young Justice: Outsiders, Harley Quinn and Metropolis. The service will likely also feature classic shows.
- ‘Mystery Road'(s) - August 16, 2018
- ‘Magic for Humans’ - August 16, 2018
- Skateboarders and Quotas - August 15, 2018
- A ‘SuperMansion’ Vacation - August 14, 2018
- Trumpeter Botti on PBS - August 14, 2018
- Vengeful ‘Upgrade’ - August 13, 2018
- ‘Pool Party Massacre’ - August 10, 2018
- Roddenberry Nirvana - August 9, 2018
- ‘Channel Zero’ on Shudder - August 8, 2018
- Spies and Cops on Acorn - August 3, 2018