(Above: Emma, Lyn and mom in ‘Vida’)
Starting today, Starz offers free viewings for the first episode of Vida, its new English-language “telenovela.”
Starz says the freeview is in honor of May 10 being Mother’s Day in Mexico, but we find it a dubious gift. Yes, the show centers around a mother, but she’s a dead one. Mom’s mysterious past, however, does drive the plotline once two estranged Mexican-American sisters from East LA reunite for her funeral.
See for yourself right here:
The dueling sisters are played by Melissa Barrera (Club de Cuervos) as Lyn, and Mishel Prada (Fear The Walking Dead: Passage) as Emma.
If you’re now hooked on Vida, the remaining five episodes of the show’s first season will premiere on Starz every Sunday through June 10.
Starz is available without cable or satellite. You can subscribe either directly, or as an add-on to Amazon Prime, DirecTV Now or Sling TV. Starz costs $8.99 a month, or $89.99 annually, following a seven-day free trial.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021