It’s taken over 50 years, but Rocky and Bullwinkle will return with a new season of animated satire this Friday, May 11, on Amazon Prime.
Amazon’s The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle consists of 13 half-hour episodes featuring not only the titular “flying squirrel” and “talking moose,” but also their Russian-like, super-spy adversaries Boris and Natasha.
The first four seasons of their adventures aired from 1959 to 1964, first as Rocky and His Friends on ABC, and then as The Bullwinkle Show on NBC. They were later rerun as The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. Those 130 episodes – also featuring Dudley Do-Right, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, and Fractured Fairy Tales – can now be bought on Amazon for $1.99 each under the title of Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends.
Check out how the original promos below compare with Amazon’s new trailer above.
Amazon Prime’s 2018 series has the same title as a 2000 mostly live-action movie adaptation, which you can find on Amazon for a $2.99 rental fee. Or you can view it as a Starz subscriber. Here’s that trailer:
You can also rent the 1992 live-action feature Boris and Natasha: The Movie for $2.99 on Amazon.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021