(Above: Hari Kondabolu. Source: Wikipedia)
Stand-up comic Hari Kondabolu’s special, Warn Your Relatives, debuts today on Netflix.
Kondabolu, who performed the show at The Neptune in Seattle, “blends personal and political humor, magically turning discomfort into laughter as he compares terrorism and mass shootings, explains why firefighters are better than cops, and recalls the time he got heckled by Tracy Morgan.”
The comedian is also known for the documentary The Problem with Apu. That film examines the character of the Indian convenience store owner Apu on the long-running animated series The Simpsons, and how the stereotype became popular with American audiences.
Last month Kondabolu spoke with The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah about the documentary:
Hank Azaria, who voices Apu, also recently spoke with The Late Show’s Stephen Colbert about the controversial caricature:
You can rent The Problem with Apu for $4.99 from Amazon.
Hari and his brother Ashok also produce a podcast, The Kondabolu Brothers, which is recorded live in front of an audience, On that show, the brothers “dissect their experiences growing up as second-generation Indian Americans and how their upbringing influences their take on pop culture and politics.”
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021