(Above: Jay Bowdy and Rachel Dee in ‘Prepper’)
The film stars the late Jay Bowdy as James. James finds himself repeating the daily rituals of suburban family life routine. One day he notices “warning signs all around him that seem to point to impending doom and the collapse of society.”
James and his wife Sarah (Rachel Dee) decide to become survivalists. They stockpile food, water, weapons, ammunition and medical supplies. “This ultimately leads to a misguided attempt to learn how to shoot and an even more futile attempt to learn martial arts.”
Andrew Patterson wrote and directed the film.
Prepper will be available tomorrow, May 8, from additional providers including Amazon Prime, iTunes, Tubi TV, xBox, Google Play and iFlix.
The producers say Prepper is “in the same vein” as National Geographic’s Doomsday Preppers, which ran for four seasons (2011 to 2014). That series examined “America’s prepping subculture, uncovering a wide assortment of prepping styles and approaches.”
You can rent individual episodes for $2.99 from Amazon.
Here’s a sample episode:
Prepper was Bowdy’s last film. He committed suicide in January 2017 at the age of 33.
- Videos for Generation Alpha - August 4, 2020
- Bloody Disgusting Streamer - August 3, 2020
- The Muppets Do Improv - July 31, 2020
- Decades ‘Odd Couple’ Binge - July 30, 2020
- Cubers’ Winning Friendship - July 29, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein Story - July 28, 2020
- Brit Week on Hulu - July 27, 2020
- RIP, Olivia de Havilland - July 26, 2020
- This Web Series is ‘NC-16’ - July 24, 2020
- A Horrific Inheritance - July 23, 2020