A police procedural about an infamous international assassination debuts.
In 1986, Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme was assassinated. The case remains unsolved.
Starting in 2003, author Leif GW Persson’s trilogy called “Fall of the Welfare State” reopened the cold case in the form of a police procedural.
Ten years later, in 2013, the book was adapted into a four-part mini-series, Death of a Pilgrim, which ran on Sweden’s SVT.
Tomorrow, May 8, the first two episodes of Death of a Pilgrim will debut in the US on subscription streamer MHz Choice, with the second two episodes coming next Tuesday, May 15. Rolf Lassgård (Wallander: The Original Episodes, Sebastian Bergman) stars as Lars Martin Johansson, leader of the new investigation.
An earlier 1998 Swedish movie, The Last Contract, also tried to solve the case through fiction. It’s unavailable anywhere, so you’ll have to settle for this un-subtitled trailer:
MHZ Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and FireTV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from Europe and around the world.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. Right now, you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code SPRING18. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021