(Above photo courtesy of Acorn TV)
You can now stream season 20 of Inspector Barnaby in ‘Midsomer Murders’ and also watch an earlier ‘Barnaby’ on Decades.
The series now boasts 122 total episodes, all of which can be binged on either of the two Anglophile-targeted subscription services.
Season 20 will premiere in the UK on May 13 on ITV, which co-owns BritBox.
We couldn’t find any videos for the new season, but here’s a newly posted ITV compilation of the “Top Deaths” in a show known for its extremely high body count.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year. You can now get a 30-day free trial instead of the usual seven days by entering promo code MIDSOMER on the service’s sign-up page. BritBox costs $6.99 monthly following a one-week free trial. Go to BritBox.com to sign up.
When we last wrote about Midsomer Murders, we pointed out that protagonist John Barnaby was once partnered with someone named Jones. That led us to ponder where we could see another classic detective series, Barnaby Jones — which, despite running for 178 episodes on CBS in the 1970s, was hardly available anywhere.
This very weekend, over-the-air channel Decades will show 42 episodes of Barnaby Jones from 1 pm ET tomorrow through 7 am ET Monday. The series stars a post-Beverly Hillbillies Buddy Ebsen.
You can watch Decades free with an antenna hooked up to your TV set. For the channel number in your area, visit Decades’ Where to Watch page.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021