Eve Myles (‘Torchwood,’ ‘Broadchurch’) stars as a small-town Welsh lawyer searching for her missing husband in Acorn TV’s upcoming thriller ‘Keeping Faith,’ which The Guardian described as “a bit like ‘Big Little Lies’ relocated to rural Wales.”
Myles reportedly wanted the role so much that the Welsh-born actress learned to speak Welsh! That was necessary because the eight-episode series was filmed in both Welsh and English versions.
The Welsh version, Un Bore Mercher, premiered last November on Wales’ S4C, and the English version in February on BBC One Wales — where it became the most popular show in over 25 years, according to Wikipedia.
The rest of the UK has also embraced Keeping Faith. Available on the BBC’s iPlayer streaming service, it’s been downloaded more than 8.5 million times, the most ever for a “non-network” show.
Starting this Monday, May 7, all eight episodes of the English version will also be available in the US via Acorn.
You can’t see Un Bore Mercher, even with English subtitles, in the US. But here’s a trailer:
Keeping Faith has already been renewed for a second season.
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. But, in honor of another Acorn series, Midsomer Murders, enter promo code MIDSOMER on the service’s sign-up page to get a 30-day free trial instead!
You can stream Acorn TV online, and on Apple TV, Roku, iOS, Android or Chromecast.
For more info, visit acorn.tv.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021