(Above: The cast of ‘Dear White People.’ Source: Netflix)
Dear White People, a send-up of the now post-‘post-racial’ America, returns to Netflix this Friday, May 4.
The second 10-episode season, Dear White People Vol. 2, revisits a “predominantly white Ivy League university where racial tensions bubble just below the surface.”
Based on the 2014 film of the same name, the show “continues to follow a group of Winchester University students of color as they navigate a diverse landscape of social injustice, cultural bias, political correctness (or lack thereof) and activism in the millennial age.”
Dear White People deploys “biting irony, self-deprecation and sometimes brutal honesty to hold up a mirror to the issues plaguing society today.”
The series stars Logan Browning (Sam), Brandon P. Bell (Troy), Antoinette Robertson (Coco), DeRon Horton (Lionel), John Patrick Amedori (Gabe), Ashley Blaine Featherson (Joelle) and Marque Richardson (Reggie).
Justin Simien is the show’s creator, executive producer, director and writer. He also serves as co-showrunner with Yvette Lee Bowser.
You can stream season one now at Netflix.
The film, which Justin Simien also wrote and directed, stars Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris, Brandon P. Bell, Kyle Gallner and Dennis Haysbert.
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019
- ‘Escape the Night’ 4 - July 9, 2019
- More ‘Harlots’ on Hulu - July 9, 2019
- Three Buddies and a Body - July 8, 2019
- For Love and Money - July 5, 2019
- Binge July 4th Movies - July 4, 2019
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2019