(Above: The cast of ‘Dear White People.’ Source: Netflix)
Dear White People, a send-up of the now post-‘post-racial’ America, returns to Netflix this Friday, May 4.
The second 10-episode season, Dear White People Vol. 2, revisits a “predominantly white Ivy League university where racial tensions bubble just below the surface.”
Based on the 2014 film of the same name, the show “continues to follow a group of Winchester University students of color as they navigate a diverse landscape of social injustice, cultural bias, political correctness (or lack thereof) and activism in the millennial age.”
Dear White People deploys “biting irony, self-deprecation and sometimes brutal honesty to hold up a mirror to the issues plaguing society today.”
The series stars Logan Browning (Sam), Brandon P. Bell (Troy), Antoinette Robertson (Coco), DeRon Horton (Lionel), John Patrick Amedori (Gabe), Ashley Blaine Featherson (Joelle) and Marque Richardson (Reggie).
Justin Simien is the show’s creator, executive producer, director and writer. He also serves as co-showrunner with Yvette Lee Bowser.
You can stream season one now at Netflix.
The film, which Justin Simien also wrote and directed, stars Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris, Brandon P. Bell, Kyle Gallner and Dennis Haysbert.
- Ovid Films En Español - January 17, 2020
- Inner City Rugby Drama - January 16, 2020
- Acorn TV Gets ‘Dead Lucky’ - January 16, 2020
- ‘Dead Lands’ Thriller - January 15, 2020
- ‘Little America,’ Big Debut - January 14, 2020
- The History of Gaming - January 14, 2020
- Prime Laughs January 17 - January 13, 2020
- Soon on PBS Masterpiece - January 10, 2020
- Disney+’s ‘Future President’ - January 9, 2020
- Aaron Hernandez Docuseries - January 9, 2020