(Above: The cast of ‘Dear White People.’ Source: Netflix)
Dear White People, a send-up of the now post-‘post-racial’ America, returns to Netflix this Friday, May 4.
The second 10-episode season, Dear White People Vol. 2, revisits a “predominantly white Ivy League university where racial tensions bubble just below the surface.”
Based on the 2014 film of the same name, the show “continues to follow a group of Winchester University students of color as they navigate a diverse landscape of social injustice, cultural bias, political correctness (or lack thereof) and activism in the millennial age.”
Dear White People deploys “biting irony, self-deprecation and sometimes brutal honesty to hold up a mirror to the issues plaguing society today.”
The series stars Logan Browning (Sam), Brandon P. Bell (Troy), Antoinette Robertson (Coco), DeRon Horton (Lionel), John Patrick Amedori (Gabe), Ashley Blaine Featherson (Joelle) and Marque Richardson (Reggie).
Justin Simien is the show’s creator, executive producer, director and writer. He also serves as co-showrunner with Yvette Lee Bowser.
You can stream season one now at Netflix.
The film, which Justin Simien also wrote and directed, stars Tyler James Williams, Tessa Thompson, Teyonah Parris, Brandon P. Bell, Kyle Gallner and Dennis Haysbert.
- Walter’s Supernatural Alps - August 7, 2020
- Lucy’s Got Game - August 6, 2020
- Competitive Quarantine - August 5, 2020
- Videos for Generation Alpha - August 4, 2020
- Bloody Disgusting Streamer - August 3, 2020
- The Muppets Do Improv - July 31, 2020
- Decades ‘Odd Couple’ Binge - July 30, 2020
- Cubers’ Winning Friendship - July 29, 2020
- Jeffrey Epstein Story - July 28, 2020
- Brit Week on Hulu - July 27, 2020