(Above: ‘Dracula, The Musical)
Performing arts subscription streamer Cennarium is debuting seven titles encompassing opera, dance and musicals from around the world.
Dracula, The Musical has been one of Argentina’s largest theatrical successes since premiering in 1992. Cennarium is showing a subtitled 159-minute version from 2011. It stars Juan Rodo, who has played the infamous vampire since the show’s debut.
Here’s a non-subtitled trailer:
Opera is covered by Das Liebesverbot. This early comical Wagner piece, based on Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure, was filmed in 2016 in Spain. Performed in German by Teatro Real Madrid, with English subtitles, it runs 165 minutes.
Dance dominates Cennarium’s five other new titles:
Footwork & Fugues (Germany, 2011, 52 minutes) is a documentary about The Flying Steps, four-time world champions in breakdance:
Are You Ready for Dance? (international, 2007, 136 minutes) contains a series of dancer and choreographer portraits.
Keep the Flame: The Choreographer Martin Schläpfer (Germany, 2016, 86 minutes) is a documentary about the Swiss dancer and choreographer.
Enter Achilles (Austria, 1995, 47 minutes ) is an English-language dance theater work by Lloyd Newson that explores masculinity. Cennarium calls it “unsettling and powerful,” covering “dangerous emotional ground in movement that is both innovative and revealing.” Oh, let’s just watch the whole thing!
You can subscribe to Cennarium for $9.97 per month or $95.64 annually, both with a 10-day free trial. Visit Cennarium.com for more info.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021