(Above: Enissa Amani. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Enissa Amani’s perspective adds to Netflix’s global comedy library.
A new stand-up special starring an “Iranian-born German-Persian” comedian debuts Thursday, April 26, on Netflix.
Enissa Amani: Ehrenwort, featuring English subtitles, was recorded live at the St. Pauli Theater on Hamburg’s Reeperbahn last January.
The comedian discusses, among other things, German engineering, tax deductions and online fan-mail etiquette.
Here’s Amani doing a set, in English, in London last year:
The Amani show represents a further expansion of Netflix’s library of global comedic offerings.
Last month, Netflix debuted Yoo Byung-Jae: Too Much Information. In the special, Yoo Byung-Jae, a comedy performer and sketch writer known for Saturday Night Live Korea, “lays bare his childhood memories and philosophy on sex.” The performance is in Korean with English subtitles. A second stand-up special is planned for later this year.
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020
- No Place Like ‘Little House’ - May 20, 2020
- Political ‘Scandal’ on Hulu - May 20, 2020
- ‘Sleeping with Friends’ - May 19, 2020
- Psychological ‘Penance’ - May 19, 2020
- Macabre Portraiture - May 18, 2020