(Above: Enissa Amani. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Enissa Amani’s perspective adds to Netflix’s global comedy library.
A new stand-up special starring an “Iranian-born German-Persian” comedian debuts Thursday, April 26, on Netflix.
Enissa Amani: Ehrenwort, featuring English subtitles, was recorded live at the St. Pauli Theater on Hamburg’s Reeperbahn last January.
The comedian discusses, among other things, German engineering, tax deductions and online fan-mail etiquette.
Here’s Amani doing a set, in English, in London last year:
The Amani show represents a further expansion of Netflix’s library of global comedic offerings.
Last month, Netflix debuted Yoo Byung-Jae: Too Much Information. In the special, Yoo Byung-Jae, a comedy performer and sketch writer known for Saturday Night Live Korea, “lays bare his childhood memories and philosophy on sex.” The performance is in Korean with English subtitles. A second stand-up special is planned for later this year.
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021
- Back ‘In Treatment’ - May 21, 2021
- Crackle Show Helps Debtors - May 19, 2021