(Above photo: © Tay Barrett 2018)
Work In Progress is done! The six-part, half-hour comedy series written by, directed by, and starring Tay Barrett, premieres next Friday, April 27, on LGBT subscription streamer Here TV.
In the series, a fictionalized version of Barrett pursues a new career as a “documentarian sociologist,” interviewing farmers, strippers, musicians, scientists, painters, professors and others about why they work in their professions. The ensemble cast includes Michele Lee (Knots Landing), Philip Morris (Kramer’s lawyer in Seinfeld) — and Barrett’s real-life parents, Christopher Barrett and Anne Schedeen (Alf).
Barrett previously produced the nine-episode comedy web series Tiny Nuts, in which recent college graduates “try to negotiate the challenges of adult life,” one of which is a chihuahua. You can find Tiny Nuts on Hulu or YouTube. Here’s episode one:
Barrett is also preparing two docuseries – Inside the Rainbow and Queer Family Tree – for Here TV debuts later this year.
Here TV, which features a wide variety of LGBT movies, series, documentaries and shorts, costs $7.99 a month, with a seven-day free trial. You can also see several movies and series episodes for free without subscribing, including all six episodes of the anthology series Falling for Angels.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021