(Above: Quddus, host of the new 420TV series, ‘Cannabiz’)
Sunday, April 22, is officially Earth Day.
Perhaps less widely known is that today, April 20 – 4/20 – is unofficially ‘Weed Day.’
Why April 20? The term “420” is code in cannabis culture for smoking pot.
To celebrate the occasion, two marijuana-focused streamers are debuting programs.
Cannabiz looks at “the canna-billionaires of tomorrow, taking a deeper look into the pioneers of the recreational and medical marijuana industry.” Each episode profiles a successful cannabis company, how each achieved “success and what the future holds in a rapidly changing social and political landscape.”
One episode follows “the compelling mission of three U.S. military veterans whose business is helping their fellow vets avoid the addicting opioids they are commonly prescribed by giving them vital access to medical cannabis.” Another showcases “the cannabis industry’s own ‘shark tank’ incubator – a startup for startups hoping to set the business of weed ablaze.”
After today’s debut, five more episodes will be released, although 420TV didn’t provide a date.
The comedy series features comedians doing pot-related bits incorporating animation. The program was recorded before an audience at The Comedy Bar in Toronto. Series performers include Andrew Packer, Bryan O’Gorman, Rahil Shaikh and Pat Macdonald. The series is produced, directed and animated by Stephen Sloan of Sloan Motion Pictures, along with the Innovative Media Group.
To watch The Green Room Comedy Show and other pot-related shows, visit CannaNet.TV .
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021