(Above: YouTube screenshot)
New ad-supported free channel OKTV (Opportunity Knocks Television) has already launched a live feed, but plans to transition from its current mix of movies, music videos and assorted TV series into a lineup of uplifting original shows starting Wednesday, June 6.
Planned programming – spanning reality, cooking, sports, music, self-help and talk shows — is “intended to impact lives through philanthropic endeavors and social consciousness.”
Kicking things off on June 6: The channel’s flagship show, Opportunity Knocks, which “seeks out worthy candidates who’ve abandoned their dreams for the sake of others, and matches them with those willing to provide them the opportunity of a lifetime.”
Other upcoming series include:
Reality Check. This show gives self-righteous individuals “a slap in the face… Each week, after a cleverly scripted gag exposes their pious conduct, these unwitting offenders will hear the words, ‘You just got checked!’”
Going Beyond Story. “Everyone has a story but what does it take to get that story into a book?”
Laugh at LA. Todd Bridges (Diff’rent Strokes) hosts this series that blends standup comedy and sketch comedy.
For more info, visit myok.tv.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021