(Above: The hosts of ‘Random Acts’)
Who couldn’t use a random act of kindness these days?
The hidden camera show Random Acts returns for a 10-episode third season on free streamer BYUtv tonight at 9 pm ET. Unlike the pioneer in its field, Candid Camera, which could sometimes embarrass its “victims,” every “target” on Random Acts gets rewarded with kindness.
What both reality shows have in common is smiling. Candid Camera, of course, featured its classic catchphrase, “Smile, You’re on Candid Camera.” And, as Random Acts notes in the following promo, “We just like to see ‘em smile”:
Random Acts recently teamed up with Reader’s Digest magazine to identify the “Nicest Place in America, a place where kindness is the golden rule.” That place turned out to be Gallatin, TN, where two segments of season three were filmed.
We don’t know what happens in those segments, but the new season will include: “an authentic high school graduation ceremony for a physically challenged home schooled student; producing a musical surprise for a dedicated and passionate third grade teacher; providing a family with a special home makeover for their disabled son; and creating a once-in-a-lifetime musical performance opportunity for a young amputee.”
The show also taps people on the street to complete their own acts of kindness, such as shown here:
A non-commercial channel from Utah’s Brigham Young University, BYUtv streams free at byutv.org./livetv.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021