(Above: Zachary Booth and Alan Cumming in ‘After Louie’)
Alan Cumming, who plays an openly gay lead in the new CBS series Instinct, also stars in the gay rights romantic drama After Louie, which streams starting today through such providers as FandangoNow, Vudu and iTunes. Cost is $3.99 in SD or $4.99 in HD.
Cumming, in a performance The New York Times calls “masterly,” plays Sam, an artist and activist from ACT UP who lived through the early years of HIV/AIDS and is struggling with survivor’s guilt. Zachary Booth (Last Weekend) plays Braeden, a younger man that Sam meets in a bar. “The pair drop their pants and quickly thereafter Sam drops his emotional guard. They develop an intergenerational relationship that reawakens Sam’s artistic soul and revives his wilted heart.”
The movie also features Sarita Choudhury (The Path, Homeland, Blindspot), who played the mayor in the first episode of Instinct. You can stream the first two episodes of Instinct now at cbs.com/shows/instinct, with additional episodes premiering over the air Sunday nights at 8 pm ET on CBS.
After Louie is the debut feature by Vincent Gagliostro, who was himself an activist member of ACT UP in the 1980s.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021