(Above: Image from Qreel’s ‘Romance’ section)
Qreel, a subscription streaming service for LGBT-themed movies, has launched at qreel.com.
Content includes over 100 titles, including Seed Money, a 2015 documentary about the rise and fall of pornographer-turned-philanthropist Chuck Holmes (you can also stream the film with a Sundance Now subscription).
Holmes’ ventures included Falcon Studios, which later co-founded NakedSword Film Works. NakedSword in turn partnered with another major adult film player, Breaking Glass Pictures, first on Seed Money and now on Qreel.
Initial movies being featured on Qreel’s home page include:
While Qreel may lack exclusives right now, the site declares, “Life is Queer. Watch it Here.” And it promises “a vast and constantly expanding library of queer cinema that will make you love, laugh, cry, think, and celebrate the queer world around you.”
The experience will cost you $9.95 monthly or $25.95 quarterly. To subscribe, visit qreel.com.
Qreel is competing with Revry in the LGBT subscription streaming space. Revry, which offers series as well as films, costs $4.99 a month after a free one-month trial. For more info or to subscribe, visit watch.revry.tv.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021