(Above: Gabriel Bateman in ‘The Dangerous Book for Boys.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
This Friday, March 30, Amazon Prime will premiere all six episodes of The Dangerous Book for Boys, inspired by Conn and Hal Iggulden’s novel offering advice to boys on about 80 topics from building a treehouse to growing a crystal.
The series, created by Bryan Cranston and Greg Mottola, centers on “the McKenna family, as they cope with the untimely passing of Patrick (Chris Diamantopoulos) … their patriarch and a whimsical inventor.” Soon, the family discovers The Dangerous Book for Boys, a handbook Patrick created to help his three sons. It’s “a how-to guide for childhood that inspires fantasies for his youngest son, Wyatt (Gabriel Bateman), who “reconnects with his father and learns life skills that help him navigate the real world.”
The cast includes Erinn Hayes as Beth, the family matriarch; Drew Logan Powell and Kyan Zielinski as the other sons, Dash and Liam; Swoosie Kurtz as their grandmother, Tiffany; and Diamantopoulos who does double duty as Patrick’s twin brother, Terry.
Cranston and Mottola wrote the first two episodes, with Mottola directing.
Prime members can stream The Dangerous Book for Boys at amazon.com/primevideo or via the Amazon Prime Video app for connected TVs and other devices.
Amazon Prime costs $99 annually, with a free 30-day trial.
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021
- HBO Max’s Victorian X-Women - April 9, 2021