(Above: ‘ReBoot,’ original cast)
ReBoot, a pioneering 1990s’ computer-animated series that took place inside a computer, returns on two fronts this week.
While the original ReBoot is perhaps best known as the first TV series to be completely computer-animated, the Netflix offering, officially titled ReBoot: The Guardian Code, is largely a live-action affair.
Both series feature four main characters who fight off evil.
The original ReBoot takes place inside Mainframe, where Guardian Bob, sister and brother Dot and Enzo, and dog Frisket fend off attacks from superviruses Megabyte and Hexadecimal.
In ReBoot: The Guardian Code, four high school students are whisked into the Internet where they “hone their skills as cyber-superheroes in a series of secret missions to save the world.”
Shout Factory TV’s 24-hour ReBoot marathon, which begins Wednesday at 6 pm ET, will not only include all the original episodes, but also two special features: Fast Forward: The Making of ReBoot and Alpha Numeric: Looking Back at ReBoot.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021