(Above: ‘Man in the Black Hat,’ photo by Tore Sætre/Wikimedia)
Netflix has one wild Paradox tomorrow. Or maybe more than one.
Paradox, a new “fantasy western musical,” stars rock legend Neil Young as “The Man in the Black Hat.” Lukas Nelson and Micah Nelson, members of his current band, co-star as fellow outlaws. Their dad – country superstar Willie Nelson – also appears. The cast includes no major female roles, but actress Daryl Hannah is writer and director.
Netflix subscribers will find the new Paradox at netflix.com/title/80242378. Just don’t confuse it with a 2016 time travel thriller of the same title, also on Netflix. And certainly not with the service’s recently released Cloverfield Paradox.
Young has acted before, most notably 15 years ago in 2003’s Greendale, which he also wrote and directed — another film that can be described as more feature-length music video than conventional narrative:
To view Greendale, you’ll need to buy it on DVD from third parties at such sites as Amazon.
- ‘It Can’t Happen Here’ - October 27, 2020
- Free ‘Riviera’ Season 1 - October 27, 2020
- Stream ‘White Noise’ - October 26, 2020
- ‘The Man Who Mends Women’ - October 26, 2020
- Sitcom Reunions Galore - October 23, 2020
- Baldwin vs. Buckley Redux - October 22, 2020
- Four Roads to Manderley - October 21, 2020
- Documenting The Struggle - October 21, 2020
- ‘Legally Blonde’ Reunion - October 20, 2020
- Star-Studded Fundraisers - October 20, 2020