(Above: David Dixon and Simon Jones in ‘ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ series’)
Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy began as a BBC radio series 40 years ago. Three years later, it became a TV series, and starting today, BritBox subscribers can join Hulu users in binge-watching all six half-hour episodes of that science fiction comedy classic.
Simon Jones stars as Arthur Dent, who’s aided in his post-apocalyptic galactic adventures by David Dixon’s Ford Prefect, an alien. Also along are Mark Wing-Davey as Zaphod Beeblebrox, another alien; Sandra Dickinson as Trillian, another human survivor;and Stephen Moore as the voice of Marvin, a depressed robot.
If you want more of these characters, there’s the 2005 movie version of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. The film stars Martin Freeman as Dent, Yaslin Dey as Prefect, recent Oscar winner Sam Rockwell as Beeblebrox, Zooey Deschanel as Trillian, John Malkovich as the villain Humma, Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin, and Helen Mirren as the voice of Deep Thought, a computer.
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021