(Above: David Dixon and Simon Jones in ‘ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ series’)
Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy began as a BBC radio series 40 years ago. Three years later, it became a TV series, and starting today, BritBox subscribers can join Hulu users in binge-watching all six half-hour episodes of that science fiction comedy classic.
Simon Jones stars as Arthur Dent, who’s aided in his post-apocalyptic galactic adventures by David Dixon’s Ford Prefect, an alien. Also along are Mark Wing-Davey as Zaphod Beeblebrox, another alien; Sandra Dickinson as Trillian, another human survivor;and Stephen Moore as the voice of Marvin, a depressed robot.
If you want more of these characters, there’s the 2005 movie version of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. The film stars Martin Freeman as Dent, Yaslin Dey as Prefect, recent Oscar winner Sam Rockwell as Beeblebrox, Zooey Deschanel as Trillian, John Malkovich as the villain Humma, Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin, and Helen Mirren as the voice of Deep Thought, a computer.
- Ficto’s 6-Month Isolation - March 27, 2020
- Music Never Sleeps NYC - March 27, 2020
- Fox’s Living Room Benefit - March 26, 2020
- ‘Curtain Up!’ for Seniors - March 26, 2020
- Free Rivit-ing Pilots - March 25, 2020
- Classics to the Rescue - March 24, 2020
- RIP Kenny Rogers, TV Star - March 23, 2020
- Circle of Quarantine - March 23, 2020
- 😟 Chopso Shutting Down 😒 - March 20, 2020
- ‘Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye’ - March 20, 2020