(Above: ‘Cockatoo,’ an oil pastel by Digby Webster)
Did you know that today is World Down Syndrome Day and tomorrow is World Water Day?
If not, two new documentaries — Flying Solo and The Power of Clean Water – will drive home the point.
This film chronicles four years in the lives of two famous Australians with Down Syndrome — Digby Webster, a visual artist, and Tracie Sammut, an actress who has appeared in such classic Aussie TV shows as Home & Away.
The Power of Clean Water will be available for free tomorrow, March 22, on the Children’s Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) Program’s YouTube page. Produced by National Geographic, the documentary shows how the lives of three women and their families – in Indonesia, Kenya and Mexico – have been changed due to CSDW, a non-profit program from Procter & Gamble .
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021