(Above: Julia Ragnarsson in ‘Spring Tide’)
In this 10-episode Swedish thriller, a police trainee teams up with a homeless ex-cop to solve a 25-year-old cold case.
Fans of the “Nordic Noir” genre take note: Spring Tide comes from the producers of The Bridge and the writers of Beck and Arne Dahl. It stars Julia Ragnarsson (The Bridge, Wallander) as the new cop, and Kjell Bergqvist (Death of a Pilgrim, The Fourth Man) as the old cop. For her performance, Ragnarsson won Sweden’s Kristallen award for best TV actress.
The title refers to the cold case under investigation. “In 1990, a brutal murder occurs on Nordkoster Island: a pregnant young woman is buried in the sand, left to slowly drown by the rising tide.”
Shot on location in Stockholm, the first season of Spring Tide ran on Sweden’s SVT in 2016, with a second season now in production. MHz will premiere two episodes each Tuesday through April 17.
MHZ Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and FireTV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from Europe and around the world.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. Right now, you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR18. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020
- Alison Brie: ‘Horse Girl’ - February 7, 2020