(Above: Julia Ragnarsson in ‘Spring Tide’)
In this 10-episode Swedish thriller, a police trainee teams up with a homeless ex-cop to solve a 25-year-old cold case.
Fans of the “Nordic Noir” genre take note: Spring Tide comes from the producers of The Bridge and the writers of Beck and Arne Dahl. It stars Julia Ragnarsson (The Bridge, Wallander) as the new cop, and Kjell Bergqvist (Death of a Pilgrim, The Fourth Man) as the old cop. For her performance, Ragnarsson won Sweden’s Kristallen award for best TV actress.
The title refers to the cold case under investigation. “In 1990, a brutal murder occurs on Nordkoster Island: a pregnant young woman is buried in the sand, left to slowly drown by the rising tide.”
Shot on location in Stockholm, the first season of Spring Tide ran on Sweden’s SVT in 2016, with a second season now in production. MHz will premiere two episodes each Tuesday through April 17.
MHZ Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and FireTV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from Europe and around the world.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. Right now, you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR18. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Burlesque Fest Oct. 1-4 - September 29, 2020
- Herb Alpert Doc Free 10/1 - September 29, 2020
- ‘God’s Wrecking Ball’ - September 28, 2020
- Grandfather of the Bride? - September 25, 2020
- Anarchist Dispatches - September 25, 2020
- Amazon’s Utopian Vision - September 24, 2020
- Women’s Cancer Benefit - September 24, 2020
- Thursday’s for the Dogs - September 22, 2020
- Tales of Two ‘Doctors’ - September 21, 2020
- ‘Spides’ Free on Crackle - September 17, 2020