Just days after its star Tim Allen said he’d welcome a reboot of Home Improvement comes word that reruns of the classic ‘90s sitcom will return to the air this September.
Over-the-air channel Laff said it reached a multi-year agreement with Disney/ABC for the series, which originally ran on ABC from 1991 to 1999. The family comedy stars Allen as Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor, an accident-prone television host. Patricia Richardson plays his wife and Richard Karn the co-host of his show within the show.
Home Improvement racked up 203 episodes over eight seasons, and Hulu subscribers needn’t wait till September to see them. Just go to hulu.com/home-improvement to start binge-watching.
If Home Improvement does get a modern reboot, Laff may have the last laugh again. Two years ago, Laff landed rights to Roseanne, months before ABC announced it would reboot the series. Four episodes of Roseanne now run nightly on the channel in primetime, with ABC’s premiere of new episodes coming on March 27.
Laff, which you can see free by hooking up an antenna to your TV set, also runs reruns of That ’70s Show, 3rd Rock from the Sun, The Drew Carey Show, Night Court, Spin City, Grace Under Fire, Ellen and other classic sitcoms. To locate your local Laff station, visit Find Laff TV.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021