Emmy-award-winning director Matthew Heineman’s five-part documentary about the opioid crisis The Trade, is now available to stream for free from Showtime.
The series is “a continuation of Heineman’s searing examination of the border drug trade.” His 2015 documentary Cartel Land garnered an Oscar nomination for Best Documentary Feature and won three Emmy Awards.
“By making this documentary available to the widest possible audience, we’re opening eyes, minds and hearts to the situation going on in our backyards,” said Vinnie Malhotra, senior vice president, Documentaries, Unscripted and Sports Programming, Showtime Networks. The Trade “outlines the complicated and human layers of the opioid crisis, and we feel it’s our responsibility to share his findings” to non-subscribers, “in the hopes of educating and inviting real change.”
You can also watch the premiere episode below:
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021