The title character, a homicide detective played by Jürgen Vogel, “is a man who cannot escape his past and who has nothing in common with his partner Dominik [Thomas Heinze] except that Blochin is married to Dominik’s sister,” according to the show’s distributor ZDF. “Blochin used to work on the other side of the law. Now he has to gather information on his old pals from the East Berlin club and drug scene.”
The plot is much more than just Blochin’s story. MHz says that Blochin — inspired by shows with “horizontal narrative structures” and “deeply flawed characters” like True Detective, House of Cards and Homeland, — “tells multiple, overlapping stories of the men and women of Berlin’s Homicide Division 7 and their families, friends and enemies.”
Blochin’s first episode is 90 minutes, the others an hour. MHz Choice will debut the first two tomorrow, the next two on March 13, and the final episode on March 20.
Spoiler alert: The final episode ends with what MHz calls a “doozy of a cliffhanger,” but the series, which ran in Germany in 2015, was cancelled after one season. The producers did film a 90-minute finale last year, but it has yet to surface, even in its home country.
MHZ Choice offers web, smartphone, iPhone/iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and FireTV users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from Europe and around the world.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. Right now, you can get 50% off your first month by using the promo code NEWYEAR18. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020
- Alison Brie: ‘Horse Girl’ - February 7, 2020