After seven years entertaining millions of YouTube viewers with very short-form science videos, YouTube’s MinutePhysics (4.2 million subs) and MinuteEarth (1.8 million) will get a bit longer – 13 minutes to be exact – this Friday, March 2. That’s when those channels’ creators will pilot a new series, Paradigms, on pay streamer VRV.
Paradigms is subtitled “How We Know What We Know.” Episode one, “The Science of Sight,” uses stick figures, animation, and puns to explain “how we got from the Ancient Greek idea that our eyes shoot out a visual fire in order to see, to our modern understanding of how the eye and the brain make vision possible.”
Let’s start with Plato:
If Paradigms goes to series, expect more in a similar vein about “how humanity – through fits and starts – came to understand everything from how evolution actually works to where the center of the universe really is.”
VRV costs $9.99 a month, following a 30-day free trial. That price gives you 13 channels: VRV Select, the service’s original content channel, along with Mubi, CuriosityStream, Dramafever, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Nerdist, Shudder, Funimation, Cartoon Hangover, Mondo, Tested and Geek & Sundry. For more info and compatible devices, visit VRV.co.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021