Everyone knows that cats have taken over the internet. (Just take a look at Meow Manor.) In Japan, though, they seem to have taken over the whole country!
Need proof? Rent the hour-long documentary, Cat Nation: A Film About Japan’s Crazy Cat Culture, from Amazon or Google Play ($2.99 SD/$3.99 HD).
You’ll get to see cat-scented hygiene products, cats with human jobs, cat-themed cafes, cat-themed bars, cat-themed temples, and even entire cat-themed islands.
Your guide to all this is British ex-patriate Chris Broad, whose YouTube channel Abroad in Japan has 750,000 subscribers. We found one of his videos that relates somewhat to cats (or is it bunnies?):
Cat Nation is produced, written and directed by Tim Delmastro, who also recently helmed Magic Money: The Bitcoin Revolution. That film is available on Amazon, free to Prime subscribers or $3.99 for non-subscribers.
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019
- RIP Rip Taylor - October 9, 2019
- A Goldbergs Yom Kippur - October 8, 2019
- Diahann Carroll Streams - October 7, 2019
- Old Meets New on ABC - October 4, 2019