Everyone knows that cats have taken over the internet. (Just take a look at Meow Manor.) In Japan, though, they seem to have taken over the whole country!
Need proof? Rent the hour-long documentary, Cat Nation: A Film About Japan’s Crazy Cat Culture, from Amazon or Google Play ($2.99 SD/$3.99 HD).
You’ll get to see cat-scented hygiene products, cats with human jobs, cat-themed cafes, cat-themed bars, cat-themed temples, and even entire cat-themed islands.
Your guide to all this is British ex-patriate Chris Broad, whose YouTube channel Abroad in Japan has 750,000 subscribers. We found one of his videos that relates somewhat to cats (or is it bunnies?):
Cat Nation is produced, written and directed by Tim Delmastro, who also recently helmed Magic Money: The Bitcoin Revolution. That film is available on Amazon, free to Prime subscribers or $3.99 for non-subscribers.
- 😟 Bye-Bye Bluprint 😒 - June 1, 2020
- Apple’s Cult Movie Channel - June 1, 2020
- Brooklyn Film Festival - May 29, 2020
- ‘Streaming Outta Fenway’ - May 28, 2020
- Amazon Relief Livestream - May 28, 2020
- ‘Haircut Night in America’ - May 27, 2020
- 10-Day Free Film Festival - May 27, 2020
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020