Everyone knows that cats have taken over the internet. (Just take a look at Meow Manor.) In Japan, though, they seem to have taken over the whole country!
Need proof? Rent the hour-long documentary, Cat Nation: A Film About Japan’s Crazy Cat Culture, from Amazon or Google Play ($2.99 SD/$3.99 HD).
You’ll get to see cat-scented hygiene products, cats with human jobs, cat-themed cafes, cat-themed bars, cat-themed temples, and even entire cat-themed islands.
Your guide to all this is British ex-patriate Chris Broad, whose YouTube channel Abroad in Japan has 750,000 subscribers. We found one of his videos that relates somewhat to cats (or is it bunnies?):
Cat Nation is produced, written and directed by Tim Delmastro, who also recently helmed Magic Money: The Bitcoin Revolution. That film is available on Amazon, free to Prime subscribers or $3.99 for non-subscribers.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021