420TV, the free pot-themed streaming service “for the converted and the curious,” has officially launched today.
We previously previewed 420TV’s initial content –four short-form series, more than 20 stand-up comedy specials, and some 15 feature films – but can now provide more info about The Gateway, “the ultimate sensory experience for the eyes, ears and psyche”:
Episode one, titled ‘Cut the Chord,’ promises to ‘dive into the deep hole of the internet,” and the other six initial episodes follow suit with titles like “Watch Your Head” and “Let’s Take This Offline” (“hypnotic loop of digital shapes through a kaleidoscope”).
Combining “everything from time lapse video, slow TV and motion graphics to theatrical movie mashups, avant-garde animation, classic industrial films and unique offerings from around the world,” 420TV says The Gateway is designed “to provide an ambient visual and audio backdrop that enhances any party, chill-out or other activity of choice.”
We’re pretty sure we can guess what that activity might be, but stoners and non-stoners alike can check out The Gateway by visiting 420TV.com. Well, not everyone. You’ll have to confirm you’re 21 or older in order to access the content.
420TV promises three to five new hours of The Gateway monthly.
- Tom Skerritt’s EVRGRN - August 6, 2020
- VENN: 24/7 for Gamers - August 6, 2020
- More Retro in NYC Metro - August 5, 2020
- ‘The Holocaust & Italy’ - August 3, 2020
- Evoca’s Next Gen TV Service - August 3, 2020
- ‘Upright’: Quite Alright! - July 31, 2020
- Zooming In, Hanging On - July 30, 2020
- ‘The Cuban’ Reviewed - July 29, 2020
- Pandemic Productions - July 28, 2020
- The UMP Cruiser is Back! - July 27, 2020