(Above: Oren Mellul teaches one of Krav Maga’s basic strikes. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Time to fight back? Israeli Krav Maga premieres today at 4:30 pm ET on Jewish Life Television (JLTV).
A self-defense system developed for Israel’s military and security forces, Krav Maga means “contact combat” and incorporates elements from boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo and karate.
You’d think Krav Maga techniques would be needed more in turbulent Jerusalem than in Tel Aviv, but perhaps a rabbi dance collective, a female hip-hop artist or a satirical comedian can stop the violence instead?
Decide for yourself by turning into Link TV’s “Jerusalem: Artists Fighting for Their Own Truth” episode of its Resilient Cities series.
“Jerusalem” will be available both on Link TV’s 24/7 channel and via streaming. The episode premieres tomorrow, February 20, at 8:30 pm ET/PT on channel 28.2 via antenna in LA, or on Roku or Apple TV nationwide. It will then stream at Linktv.org.
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021