(Above: Oren Mellul teaches one of Krav Maga’s basic strikes. Source: YouTube screenshot)
Time to fight back? Israeli Krav Maga premieres today at 4:30 pm ET on Jewish Life Television (JLTV).
A self-defense system developed for Israel’s military and security forces, Krav Maga means “contact combat” and incorporates elements from boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo and karate.
You’d think Krav Maga techniques would be needed more in turbulent Jerusalem than in Tel Aviv, but perhaps a rabbi dance collective, a female hip-hop artist or a satirical comedian can stop the violence instead?
Decide for yourself by turning into Link TV’s “Jerusalem: Artists Fighting for Their Own Truth” episode of its Resilient Cities series.
“Jerusalem” will be available both on Link TV’s 24/7 channel and via streaming. The episode premieres tomorrow, February 20, at 8:30 pm ET/PT on channel 28.2 via antenna in LA, or on Roku or Apple TV nationwide. It will then stream at Linktv.org.
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019
- RIP Rip Taylor - October 9, 2019
- A Goldbergs Yom Kippur - October 8, 2019
- Diahann Carroll Streams - October 7, 2019
- Old Meets New on ABC - October 4, 2019