(Above: Linda samples local cuisine on St. Lucia)
Travel Time with Linda, consisting of 13 half-hours exploring Caribbean locales, launched recently on Amazon. Episodes are free to Prime subscribers, and can be purchased by non-subscribers for $1.99 each or $19.99 for the entire season.
The series also premiered on the AXS cable network the first week of January, with episodes still rolling out every Saturday at 8 am ET. Cable subscribers tomorrow, for example, can see episode seven, “St. Lucia,” where host/executive producer Linda Cooper visits Fond Doux Plantation Estate, the Sulphur Springs Volcano and Mud Bath, and other “luxury” sites.
On Amazon, you can start with episode one, “Dominica,” where Cooper visits eco-resort Rosalie Bay, takes an Indian River boat ride, watches baby turtles hatching and swims with whales.
“Dominica” was filmed prior to Hurricane Maria’s devastation of the island in September. When the episode premiered January 6 on AXS, it included a public service announcement for disaster relief. The Amazon version lacks the PSA along with other commercials.
But we’re happy to bring it to you here:
- Tom Skerritt’s EVRGRN - August 6, 2020
- VENN: 24/7 for Gamers - August 6, 2020
- More Retro in NYC Metro - August 5, 2020
- ‘The Holocaust & Italy’ - August 3, 2020
- Evoca’s Next Gen TV Service - August 3, 2020
- ‘Upright’: Quite Alright! - July 31, 2020
- Zooming In, Hanging On - July 30, 2020
- ‘The Cuban’ Reviewed - July 29, 2020
- Pandemic Productions - July 28, 2020
- The UMP Cruiser is Back! - July 27, 2020