(Above: Mariana Paola Vicente and Jesse James in ‘The Lucky Man’)
Route 66, one of America’s oldest highways, is a well-traveled setting for cinematic grifters and drifters.
The grifters, in the case of the new action thriller The Lucky Man, are Jesse James in the role of con-man preacher Reverend Johnny Jones; and Mariana Paola Vicente who plays his hot girlfriend Rebecca.
Reverend Johnny uses make-believe healing powers to scam churches in small communities along the famous road. When Johnny’s powers turn real, the couple must head for the border, evading the police while coping with the bloody consequences.
The film, also starring Kim Jackson Wheeler and Neal Kodinsky, is written and directed by Norman Gregory McGuire.
You can rent The Lucky Man for $3.99 in SD/$4.99 HD from Amazon.
The drifters, on the other hand, can be found in the classic television series Route 66.
The series, which originally aired for four seasons on CBS (1960 to 1964), stars Martin Milner as Tod Stiles and George Maharis as Buzz Murdock. (Glenn Corbett showed up as Buzz’s replacement, Linc ,for season four.) A la Jack Kerouac’s novel, On the Road, Milner and Maharis explore towns along the highway. On their journey, they encounter the social problems and changing mores of early 1960s America.
Here’s season one, episode one, which includes guest appearances by The Naked Gun’s George Kennedy, 2001: A Space Odyssey’s Keir Dullea and Citizen Kane’s Everett Sloane.
You can watch the entire series, for free, at shoutfactorytv.com.
- Local News Streamer - December 14, 2018
- Buzziest Shows, 2018 - December 13, 2018
- Buzziest Films, 2018 - December 12, 2018
- A Ken Jeong Christmas - December 11, 2018
- Japan’s ‘Urban Legend’ - December 11, 2018
- ‘Tree of Life’ Concert - December 10, 2018
- ‘Stigmata’ on Comet - December 7, 2018
- Scary Christmas - December 4, 2018
- Streaming Atmosphere - December 4, 2018
- Popeye Makeover - December 3, 2018