Giants, a free drama series about three black millennial friends coping with usually taboo issues, will return for a second You Tube season on Wednesday, February 21.
The show, created by and starring James Bland, runs on Issa Rae Presents, a seven-year old YouTube channel from the co-creator and star of HBO’s Insecure. Giants’ executive producer is Jussie Smollett, star of Fox’s Empire.
Giants’ first season tackled such issues as mental health, sexual identity, and unconventional means of economic survival. Season two promises stories about abortion, drug abuse, black masculinity, and the parameters of sexual assault: “Nothing will be the same for Malachi (Bland), Journee (Vanessa Baden Kelly) and Ade (Sean Samuels), who find themselves sharing a tiny, one-bedroom apartment and are forced to face their inner giants while on full display to one another.”
Season two will consist of six half-hours and an hour-long finale.
You can watch the first six-episode season now on YouTube, and episode one right here:
- The Best Web Series? - January 16, 2019
- Uplift for Shutdown - January 16, 2019
- Hulu Starts Two Fyres - January 15, 2019
- ‘Murphy’s Law’ Returns - January 14, 2019
- IMDb Freedive Debuts - January 11, 2019
- ‘Mormon Love’ on FB - January 11, 2019
- Save the Swamps! - January 10, 2019
- Amish Horror Flick - January 9, 2019
- ‘Temptation Island’ - January 8, 2019
- PopcornFlix Grows - January 8, 2019