(Above: ‘Dr. Zhivago’)
In honor of Valentine’s Day, subscription streamer BritBox is premiering one romantic title a day through Wednesday, February 14.
The weekend will bring a couple of miniseries related to 19th Century British novels: The Moonstone (1972, five episodes), adapted from a classic 1868 Wilkie Collins detective tale; and Lost in Austen (2008, four episodes), in which a modern-day woman finds herself part of Jane Austen’s 1813 Pride and Prejudice.
Starting Monday, the romance turns LBGT with three historical works: Christopher and His Kind (2011), based on Christopher Isherwood’s memoir of life in 1930s’ Berlin; Tipping the Velvet (2002), a three-part lesbian story set in 1890s London; and then, on Valentine’s Day itself, Against the Law (2017), based on journalist Peter Wildeblood’s autobiography about the consequences of an illicit love affair in 1950s Britain.
To sum up, here are all “Seven Stages of Love” from BritBox’s Facebook page:
BritBox, costing $6.99 per month following a seven-day free trial, is available at BritBox.com and on iPhones, Android, Apple TV and Roku.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021