(Above: The New ‘Fab Five.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Eight episodes of the series, originally titled Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, debut tomorrow, February 7.
The Netflix version boasts a new “Fab Five” out to improve the world’s tastes in food and wine, interior design, culture, grooming and fashion. This time around, the quintet is based in Atlanta, rather than New York.
The original Queer Guy ran for five seasons and 100 episodes. Neither Netflix nor any other subscription streamer offers them, but you can download season four (15 episodes) for $23.99 and season five (nine episodes) for $9.99 from Amazon. You can also watch the very first Bravo episode, right here:
For the record, members of the original “Fab Five” makeover crew were Ted Allen (food and wine), Kyan Douglas (grooming), Thom Filicia (design), Carson Kressley (fashion) and Jai Rodriguez (culture). The new cast, experts in the same areas respectively, are Antoni Porowski, Jonathan Van Ness, Bobby Berk, Tan France and Karamo Brown.
Here are all of them, together:
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021