(Above: The New ‘Fab Five.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Eight episodes of the series, originally titled Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, debut tomorrow, February 7.
The Netflix version boasts a new “Fab Five” out to improve the world’s tastes in food and wine, interior design, culture, grooming and fashion. This time around, the quintet is based in Atlanta, rather than New York.
The original Queer Guy ran for five seasons and 100 episodes. Neither Netflix nor any other subscription streamer offers them, but you can download season four (15 episodes) for $23.99 and season five (nine episodes) for $9.99 from Amazon. You can also watch the very first Bravo episode, right here:
For the record, members of the original “Fab Five” makeover crew were Ted Allen (food and wine), Kyan Douglas (grooming), Thom Filicia (design), Carson Kressley (fashion) and Jai Rodriguez (culture). The new cast, experts in the same areas respectively, are Antoni Porowski, Jonathan Van Ness, Bobby Berk, Tan France and Karamo Brown.
Here are all of them, together:
- Happy 85th, The Dalai Lama! - July 6, 2020
- Molière’s ‘Tartuffe’ - July 6, 2020
- Celebrating Carl Reiner - July 3, 2020
- Bluprint Gets New Life - July 2, 2020
- Free ‘Sounds of Summer’ - July 1, 2020
- A Zoom Chat About ‘Zoom’ - July 1, 2020
- Suzi Quatro, Hello Sister! - June 30, 2020
- ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ - June 29, 2020
- Daytime Emmys Break Mold - June 26, 2020
- Stream Spike Lee Tonight - June 25, 2020