Based on classic stories by AJ Cronin, author of the oft-adapted medical novel The Citadel, Doctor Finlay stars David Rintoul (Darcy in the 2005 Pride & Prejudice) as a small-town doctor returning home after World War II. The cast also includes Annette Crosbie (Calendar Girls) and Oscar-nominee Ian Bannen (The Flight of the Phoenix).
Acorn TV is rolling out all four seasons of Doctor Finlay Mondays in February. Season one debuts today, followed by season two February 12, season three February 19 and season four February 26. In all, there are 26 one-hour episodes.
Doctor Finlay was an updating of a long-running (1962-1971) BBC show Dr. Finlay’s Casebook, set in the 1920s. That series amassed nearly 200 episodes, but 122 of them have been lost. Although both iMDB and Wikipedia list the episode length as 50 minutes, all we could find online was the following, which runs just 10 minutes:
Acorn TV costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 for a year, starting with a seven-day free trial. You can stream the service online, and on Apple TV, Roku, iOS, Android or Chromecast. For more info or to subscribe, visit acorn.tv.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021